Monday, May 12, 2008

Remembering Simon

Arrival Day: March 5
Simon and Samuel
Weiging In-4lbs each (or so!)
Brothers: 6 days old
Simon:Forever in our hearts
I have wanted to write about the twins, but since they were sick, and then after losing Simon, it's been hard to know what to write. Samuel got sick first and was very jaundiced. Then about a week later Simon became ill and jaundice as well. This took us by surprise as they had seemed to healthy when they arrived. Their mother had died after birth, and we had recieved no information as to what the cause of her death was, or any medical history. Samuel pulled through the illness slowly but surely, and is now doing fine. He is undergoing some tests to see if there are any abnormalities due to his sickness and the death of Simon.
Baby Simon did not pull through his sickness. He was very very yellow due to jaundice and was very ill day in and day out. He fought for life, and Melinda and I stood by his bed trying to help him, but to no avail. We prayed for him, and at last it was very hard for to me to realize that I had to resign myself to whatever God's will was. On the last morning when he was so sick, I told God that I knew Simon was His, and that if He was not going to heal Simon, to not allow him to suffer anymore. One of the hardest things in my life was having to watch Simon die as he did that morning. On his last day I told him how much I was going to miss him, but that I knew he was in God's hands. Melinda and I shed many tears after he was gone. He will forever be remembered as part of our family.

1 comment:

Annerieke said...

I'm so very sad with the loss of Simon. Our hears and prayers are with you and Samuel.