Sunday, November 16, 2008

An amazing experience

Janae and I just minutes after she was born


A week ago I had an amazing opportunity that in all my life I have never had before! Through a series of events I was able to go and watch a baby being born at our local hospital. Deanna, one of our volunteers, as well as Lori and I went up at the hospital at 6pm. The lady met us at the hospital and we stayed with her planning to watch her give a natural birth. By 12 midnight the doctor decided that she needed to have the baby by c-section. I asked if there would be any chance that we would be able to watch the c-section and he said, "YES"!!!
So we put on our surgery garb(that was the first time I'd worn pants in years!) and entered into the operating room. It was a thrilling event to watch that baby come out of her mother's stomach!! The baby and the mother are both doing fine.







Dr. Ulysse performed the c-section. We were all amazed at his obvious gifting in this area. As we watched him sew her stomach back together we were in awe of the skill he possesses!




Lori and Janae



Deanna and Janae




Cute as a button:Janae









1 comment:

Annerieke said...

wow Pat, what a wonderful experience!! i am so happy you got to witness such a tender and beautiful moment. I know God does this kind of miracle thousands of times a day, but i'm not sure anyone can tire of it.
also, big blessings to those dr's who truly devote themselves to the care of the Haitian people!!